Baldur’s Gate 3 – First Gameplay
First Gameplay – Official Preview
We finally have our first gameplay. There is really a lot of meat on fire set by Swen Vincke, the founder of Larian Studios. Let’s start with the launching platforms.
- Baldur’s Gate 3 will be released for PC and Google Stadia.
As you could see from the opening video, the story opens on a flying ship governed by a Mind Flyer intent on practicing “ceremorphosis”, a process that will lead us to turn into one of these beings with a sprawling face. The ship crashes, we manage to escape and our adventure begins.
The first thing worthy of note is that the baby mind flyer that we have in the brain, immediately gives us special skills, our High Elf – Rogue – “Vampire”, manages to survive, despite being exposed to sunlight!
However, I don’t want to go too far on the plot but summarize the main informations that came out of this first Gameplay and the subsequent interview with Vincke.
- Baldur’s Gate 3 will be based on the rolistic system of the 5th edition of Dungeons and Dragons;
- Initially, the founder of Larian Studios suggests on the possibility of releasing an early access version of the game in a couple of months. However, when directly asked at the end of the conference, he decides not to confirm;
- Possibility to choose between isometric and third person views;
- We will be able to recruit a maximum of 4 companions during the adventure;
- The environment around us allows us a good level of interaction. Crates that we can stack to form stairs, floors that we can destroy with a spell to access an underground, explosive barrels and much more (we can take off our boots and throw them in the face of an enemy)!
- The fight takes place in turn-based mode;
- The management of the stealth mode, which resembles that of Commandos or Desperados, is particularly interesting, especially if combined with that of the turns mechanic, giving a high depth to the purely strategic aspect of the fighting;
- It will be possible to face the main campaign entirely in Multiplayer;
So these are the first official info on what promises to be a title full of interesting content.
We at Digidreamers will continue to keep you updated, thank you for being here and …